Thursday, May 3, 2012

Veggie Sandwich With A Twist

Sometimes even a SAHM gets too busy to cook. Events happen that are out of our control and we end up looking at each other at 6pm going "Uh, what's for dinner?". Last night was a night like that. We had to go help a family member and luckily she got these when we were done:
Yep. A Little Caesars $5 Hot N Ready pepperoni pizza. So I decided to do a mini blog about delicious sandwiches. I made one the other afternoon that I thought I'd share.
This is a cheese and veggie sandwich,(only because we didn't have any lunchmeat), and it was great! Have you ever put cilantro on your sandwiches? I had never heard of it until I was introduced to Vietnamese sandwiches a few years ago. The traditional sandwich has BBQ pork, cucumber slices, shredded carrots and daikon, raw jalapenos, and cilantro served on a baguette type bread (Bánh mì) with a side of nước mắm (fish sauce). Anyway, my sandwich has white american cheese, roma slices, red onion, green leaf lettuce, avocado, and cilantro. Added a tiny bit of light mayo and some salt and pepper. Excellente!
Bánh mì:

No comments:

Post a Comment