Thursday, June 7, 2012

Citrus Rubbed Pork Roast with Squash and Zucchini

Just a mini-blog this week since I haven't been cooking much.
The kids are gone for Summer break and it's too hot to use the oven.
Stay tuned though, I'll be doing a lot of grilling as soon as I get the tank filled...

Roasts are so easy to cook but sometimes we get bored with the same old veggies and seasonings that go with it. (At least I do). Why not try some different vegetables and a dry rub to spruce that roast up?
Here I used a Citrus & Savory dry rub on the pork and also sprinkled it over the vegetables. I added a couple of zucchini and yellow squash, a vidalia onion, and some baby carrots. I just threw the roast on top and put the whole thing in the roaster at like 350 until the mid temp of the roast was about 165.
(Maybe 1-2 hrs depending on size)
Delicious, easy, and fun to try new flavor combos.

No comments:

Post a Comment