Thursday, June 14, 2012

Grilled Pesto Chicken & Pasta

There was a recipe card for pesto chicken in my mail this week and it looked pretty darned good so I thought I'd try it out... with my own twist of course.
Here's what you'll need for the chicken:


Boneless skinless chicken thighs (I had 8 small-ish ones)

About a cup of fresh, de-stemmed parsley
(To tell you the truth, mine wasn't all that fresh, but it worked just fine lol)

2 Tbsp Worcestershire (I despise that word!)

2 Tbsp pesto sauce

black pepper

Run the parsley through the blender, food processor, chopper...whatever you have to finely mince it.
If you don't have any of these things then just chop chop chop until it's as finely minced as you can get it.
Add all of the ingredients except for the chicken to a ziploc bag that's big enough to hold your chicken. Mush it around, (on the outside of the bag), until everything is mixed well.
Add your chicken, one piece at a time, making sure to coat each one well with the marinade. Close the bag and allow to marinate for at least 15-30 minutes at room temp or in the fridge.
Grill for 6-7 minutes on each side to reach an internal temp of 165 but try not to go over.

You can also cook these on an indoor grill, (like my ancient Georgie. I swear it must have been the first one ever made.)

Anyway, while the chicken is marinating, start boiling the water for your pasta and begin making the pasta sauce.
What you'll need:
1/2 red & orange pepper (leftover from my last post)

1/2 small sweet onion

handful of sun dried tomatoes

the rest of the pesto sauce

a little butter or olive oil for sauteing

Saute the peppers, onion, and tomatoes
on medium until nicely browned.
Turn off the heat and stir in the rest of the jar of pesto. When your pasta and chicken are ready, mix sauce with pasta.
Serve the chicken over the top and add fresh basil if you have any.

2 comments:

  1. Love Pesto!! Will have to try this. Do you have a
    fresh pesto recipe ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I used jarred. Maybe I'll try to make some from scratch, there aren't many ingredients to it. :)

    ReplyDelete